Antjie

Antjie

Tuesday 24 April 2012

How to make Pop Up Pancakes....


Love to eat breakfast for dinner, it’s easy and I have all the ingredients - Pop Up Pancakes! I like to put a little twist on them by cooking these in muffin tins. They cook up as little puff balls and are easy for the kids to eat.
Pop Up Pancake Recipe – (makes 24 muffins or fills a 9×13 baking pan)
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup flour
  • 6 eggs
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • dash salt
Preheat oven to 400* and grease your muffin tins


1. I like to mix all the ingredients in my blender. I have tried to whisk it or even use my small electric mixer, but a blender seems to do the best job getting it smooth.

2. Pour the mix into your greased muffin tins. Or your baking pan, as my mom likes to bake these in a jelly roll pan.


3. Bake them for 15 minutes in a 400* oven, or until puffy and golden on top. Use a knife to pop or pry them out, hopefully they were greased well enough and should pop right out. They puffiness will die down as they cool, and they become more like a cup.


Now they are ready for toppings. I love syrup, powdered sugar, and fruit. You could even use fresh Strawberry Jam. We usually load it all on and dive in. What do you use to top your pancakes with? Maybe peanut butter or honey?