Antjie

Antjie

Saturday 7 July 2012

Cursing is Satan’s Job


When we curse others we want Satan’s wish to be done in others’ lives. But I say to you, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hate you” (Lk 6:27).

It is natural for us to wish a person evil if he/she does us some bad. This wishing evil whether done aloud or silent, is called cursing. When we curse a person in mind or in words we are telling that, he/she may experience something bad in his life. But God does not want that person to experience anything bad in his/her life. Even though that person has hurt us and hurt God, what God wants is good things in their life.
Cursing is telling Satan’s wish to take place

But irrespective of what that person does, what Satan wants in his/her life is only evil. So if we curse a person that an evil thing must happen in his/her life we are indirectly telling that only satan’s wish and not God’s wish must take place in that person’s life. As a child of God, I should never say that Satan’s wish must take place. This is the reason we pray, “Your will be done as it is in heaven.” A person who prays like this cannot curse a person. As a child of God, if someone does me any harm, I must bless him/her, for in this way I wish that God’s will be done in his/her life, and that Satan’s wish may not take place in his life. So watch your words.

As a child of God, I should not curse anyone who does me any harm, for as a child of God I cannot think of wishing that Satan’s wish may take place however sad I am. I cannot complain to God that this person has done me some wrong, as long as I wish that Satan’s wish may take place in his/her life.

When somebody does us harm we must tell God that he/she has hurt me, so God bless him/her so that this person will do only the things you want him to do i.e. doing good to me and to all others, so that this person will experience only those things which God wants him/her to experience.

Blessing my enemy only good is my right and my duty, for how can I as a child of God wish that my father’s will may not take place; how can I as a child of God wish that Satan’s wish may be fulfilled.                                                                                             written by Adv. Shibu Varghese