Recipe for Beef Samoosas
- 500g beef, minced or chopped or mixed vegetables
- 15ml butter
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 5ml crushed garlic
- 10ml ground coriander
- 5ml cumin
- 5m garam masala
- 3ml turmeric
- Pinch salt
- Ready-made pur (samoosa pastry), defrosted
- Oil for deep-frying
- In a saucepan, melt butter over a medium heat. Sauté spring onions and garlic until onions are cooked and translucent. Add mince or vegetables and cook until browned. Add spices and cook for a further 5 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Take one strip of pastry and cover the rest with damp cloth. Fold the first corner of each samoosa at an angle, then fold again to form a triangle. Open the triangle and fill with mince.Mix flour with water to form a paste and spread on the pastry.
- Wrap tightly. Fold the triangle at an angle, until only a small part of pastry is left.Heat oil in a pan and fry samoosas until golden-brown.
- Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil. Serve with sweet and sour sauce or chilli sauce.