- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Mix~ sugar, butter and egg.
- Add pumpkin. Mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Add to mixture and beat well.
- Drop (using a small rounded cookie scoop) onto baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 9-10 minutes.
When cooled frost with this delectable icing...
Cream Cheese Frosting
recipe courtesy~ Gayle's Bakery
- 8 oz. cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/2 (4 oz.) unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
In the bowl of a tabletop mixer fitted with the flat beater, cream together the cream cheese and butter, scrapping down the bowl and beater twice, until fluffy.
Add the powdered sugar, first mixing on low speed, then increasing the speed to high. Beat until light and fluffy, again scrap down the bowl and beater twice.
Blend in the vanilla. The icing should be smooth and spreadable, if it is too thick add a wee bit of milk.
"For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee."