This should take about 45 mins
You will need:
- 25g soft butter
- 2 slices day old bread
- 2 tinned pear halves
- 4 dsp (60g) milk chocolate drops
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk (125ml)
- 25 g caster sugar
- Weigh and measure the ingredients.
- Use a small amount of butter to grease an oven-proof dish (about 400ml capacity), then put the dish on a baking tray.
- Spread one side of each piece of bread with the remaining butter using the knife. Cut each slice from corner to corner, to make 4 triangles, making 8 in total. Arrange a layer of 4 triangles of bread in the bottom of the oven-proof dish.
- Now, using the scissors or a knife, cut the tinned pear halves into bite size pieces on your work mat. Put half of these pieces on top of the bread and butter triangles in your dish. Sprinkle two dessert spoons of the milk chocolate drops over the top. Arrange the four remaining triangles on top, to hide this layer of fruit and chocolate, and then sprinkle the top with the remaining chocolate drops and pear pieces.
- Break an egg into a cup and stir with the fork, add two dessert spoons of caster sugar then add ½ cup of milk.
- Stir the egg mixture well, then pour it over the top of your bread layers. Press the layers down gently with the fork to make sure that there are no dry pieces of bread.
- Put in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (fan oven)/200ºC/Gas 6 for 25-30 minutes until golden on the top.
- Serve ¼ per person with extra pear pieces and yoghurt.