Ferrero Rocher Brownie Bites with Caramel Icing
Makes 24 bite-sized brownies
- 1 (18.5 oz. box) brownie mix (plus necessary eggs, oil & water per package instructions - or your favorite homemade recipe)
- 24 Ferrero Rocher candies (or Rolo candies)
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2-3 tablespoons caramel "sauce"
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Remove all wrappers from the candies.
Pre-heat oven to 325F.
- Prepare brownies according to package directions. Grease a mini-muffin tin with cooking spray and fill each cup approximately 3/4 full with batter. Bake for 12-15 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and immediately press a candy into the center of each brownie bite. (The top of the candy will protrude a bit from the brownie...it's OK...you'll cover it with icing.) Cool for a couple of minutes in the tin then carefully remove the brownie bites from the pan to a cooking rack. Allow to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, use the paddle attachment on a stand mixer and beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add the caramel sauce* and blend. Add the confectioners sugar and whip until creamy and smooth. Using a pastry or plastic bag with a piping tip, pipe the frosting onto the top of each brownie bite. Chill in the refrigerator to set the frosting a bit before serving.