Now, if you love ice cream and you love chocolate and you love crunchy Oreo cookies, this is your dessert! It has it all! This recipe is a copy cat of those expensive cakes. I love to use the homemade fudge sauce because it is like the best you’ve ever eaten, but of course you can buy sauce at the grocery store, too. I’m not sure how many jars you would need, but I’d guess a minimum of two to cover the cake. I bought 2 half gallons of ice cream for this and had some of each left over. I probably used 3/4 of a half gallon container.
ICE CREAM CAKE
- 2 1/2 cups crushed Oreos
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4-1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- 1/4-1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine 2 cups Oreos with margarine and sugar.
- Press into 9×13 pan.
- Freeze 15 minutes.
- Spread layer of each ice cream on top and freeze for 3 hours.
- Combine first 4 hot fudge sauce ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil for 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Spoon sauce on ice cream and freeze until firm.
- Spread Cool Whip on top and sprinkle with Oreo crumbs.
- Freeze 3 hours.