Marble Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour - sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk - room temperature
- 1/3 cup heavy cream - room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter - room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs - room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup boiling water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners. Stir together cake flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine milk and cream.
With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, cream butter and granulated sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated. Add vanilla. Add flour mixture in three batches, alternating with two additions of milk mixture. Beat until combined.
To make chocolate batter, measure out 1 cup batter, and transfer to another bowl. Combine cocoa and the boiling water in a bowl. Stir into reserved 1 cup batter.
Fill prepared cups with alternating spoonfuls of vanilla and chocolate batter, filling each three-quarters full. Run the tip of a paring knife or wooden skewer through batter in a figure-eight motion to make swirls. Bake, rotating tins halfway through, about 18-20 minutes. Cool completely.
Frost with your favorite chocolate frosting!