(for the fat-less Pineapple Sponge)
- 3 x Eggs
- 1/2 cup Castor sugar
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Pineapple essence
- Preheat over to 180 degrees C. Line, grease and dust a Swiss roll tin.
- Beat the eggs, essence and sugar till mousse like (almost 10 minutes).
- Lightly fold the flour in 3 goes in figure 8 movements (so as not to release the air bubbles).
- Gently turn into prepared tray and bake for 10-12 minutes till light brown and spongy.
- If you would be using a regular 9 inch round tin, it will take longer to bake.
- Turn out to cool on a rack, immediately removing the lining. When fully cool, use as needed. If you would be using later, you can store the sponge in the fridge for 2-3 days and in the freezer for longer.
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup coconut cream, chilled
- 1 1/2 tablespoon icing sugar (to add sweetness to the coconut cream and help stabilize the same when whipped)
Recipe by: Suma Rowjee