You will need:
1 Oblong Watermelon
Pencil or marker
1 mall knife
Using an oblong watermelon, cut a 1/4 inch slice off the bottom to provide a stable base.
- Draw lines with a sharp pencil or thin marker to draw ears and upper body on the top side of ewatermelon.
- Cut along the lines and remove excess rind. Place to the side to use later for the whiskers and tail.
- Hollow out the watermelon, being careful around the ears.
- Carve six whiskers out o the excess rind with a small knife and trim off outer dark green rind so lighter green interior is showing.
- With a melo baller cut out the eyes and nose and place the melonballs or blueberries in the holes. Use toothpicks to secure.
- For the teeth, make a rectangular cut below the nose leaving the top part of the rectanle attached to the watermelon. Cut a small line down the middle to make two teeth.
- With round toothpicks attach whiskers below the nose.
- Fill with fruit.