Antjie

Antjie

Tuesday 17 December 2013

Heaven's Grocery Store

I was walking down life's highway
A long time ago.
One day I saw a sign that read
"HEAVEN'S GROCERY STORE."As I got a little closer,
The door came open wide,
And when I came to myself,
I was standing inside.

I saw a host of Angels,
They were standing everywhere.
One handed me a basket and said,
"My child, shop with care.
Everything a Christian needs
Is in that grocery store,
And all you can't carry ...
Come back the next day for more."


First I got some PATIENCE,
LOVE was in the same row.
Further down was UNDERSTANDING, 
Needed everywhere you go.
I got a box or two of WISDOM , 
A bag or two of FAITH, 
I just couldn't miss the Holy Ghost,
For He was all over the place.

I stopped to get some STRENGTH and 
COURAGE to help me run this race;
But then my basket was getting full,
And I remembered I needed GRACE.
I didn't forget SALVATION ,
Which like the others was free,
So I tried to get enough of that
To save both you and me.

Then I started to the counter
To pay my grocery bill,
For I thought I had everything
To do my Master's will.
As I went up the aisle,
I saw PRAYER and I had to put it in,
For I knew when I stepped outside,
I would run right into SIN.

PEACE and JOY were plentiful,
They were on the last shelf.
SONG and PRAISES were hanging near,
So I just helped myself.
Then I said to the Angel,
"How much do I owe?"
The Angel smiled and said,
"Just take them everywhere you go!"

Again I politely asked,
"How much do I really owe?"
The Angel smiled again and said,
"MY CHILD ...
JESUS PAID YOUR BILL A
LONG TIME AGO!"
~ Ron De Marco and Friend ~
Copyright © 1990
Used with Permission