- I will never be happy if I have no control over my emotions: a slave of my own desires, a prisoner of overgrown expectations.
- Tell me, where have all the flowers gone? The flowers of little things done for each other.
- The flowers of being a gift for each other. The husband for his wife. The wife for her husband.
- You have a heart, and there's a human being who needs you. Bring on the flowers!
- You must learn how to grow old. Growing old is no disaster. Your old age doesn't have to be a period of misery.
- Learn to grow old with a young heart. It is an art in itself.
- Don't forget the beautiful days. If you do forget them, they will never return.
- Why have so many people nothing to live for? ... Beause they don't know anybody who likes them.
- The smallest, tiniest flower - given with a warm heart - tells a lovely story.
- No need for expensive or rare flowers. Common simple flowers will do - a smile, a kind word, a simple gesture.
- Make beautiful days! Be enthusiastic about light, about life, about good people and about good things.
- The next time you have five minutes to spare, do you have what you should do? Just think!
- Make everything silent around you. Make it silent within you.
- You are first and foremost human, made to live, to laugh, to have love, simply to be a good person.
- Accept that others are different, think differently, act differently, feel differently, speak differently.
- Be mild and healing with your words. Words should be "lights". Words should calm, bring people together, bring peace.
- Where words are weapons, people face each other like enemies.
- Life is much too short, and our world is much too tiny to turn it into a battlefield.
- "Lord, help me to keep my big mouth shut, until I know what I want to say. Amen"
- Everyone wants to talk ... Everyone wants to interrupt. But only a few have anything to say. Because only a few can bear the silence and effort needed to think.
Friday, 3 October 2014
101 Ways to Find Your Place in the Sun
Thoughts of Springtime by Vladimir Volegov