Source Super Food Ideas
Recipe by Dixie ElliottPhotography by Steve Brown
- 1.2kg Desiree potatoes, whole, unpeeled
- 350g sliced corned beef, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup White Wings Plain Flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- fruit chutney, to serve
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place potatoes into a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender. Drain. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Roughly mash potatoes (so that they are still chunky). Set aside for 30 minutes to cool completely.
- Add beef, mustard, chives, eggs, and salt and pepper to potato. Stir until combined. Place flour into a separate bowl. Using 1/4 cupful of mixture at a time, shape potato mixture into 8cm (diameter) patties. Place onto prepared tray. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Lightly coat patties in flour.
- Preheat a barbecue plate over medium heat. Combine oil and butter. Brush over barbecue plate. When sizzling, add patties. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until golden. Serve with chutney.