- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups (10 fl oz) beer, room temperature (non-alcoholic is fine)
- 4 oz sharp cheddar, shredded
- 2-3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted (plus a little more room temperature butter to grease the loaf pan)
Whisk together the flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the beer with a wooden spoon, being careful not to over-mix; fold in the cheddar and dill. Pour into the loaf pan, drape a piece of plastic wrap on top, and let it sit in a warm place for 20 minutes (the batter will puff a bit).
Pour the melted butter on top; bake until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely before slicing.