|It's like heaven in a glass|
- Toasted Almonds
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Custard
- Fresh Raspberries
- Plum Wine
- Raspberry Jam
- Plain Sponge Cake (basic sponge cake recipe below)
Not only does it taste divine; it looks absolutely spectacular especially when made in wine glasses, still got that effect of that of a trifle bowl, but in a rather chic and romantic individual serving.
|Basic Sponge Cake|
- 1/3 c (42 g) all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c sugar
- 2 T (28g) butter, melted and cooled
- Combine flour and salt. Set aside.
- On a double boiler, beat the eggs and sugar manually until warm to touch. Remove from the double boiler; using a mixer, beat the eggs until it is pale and thick.
- Fold in the flour mixture.
- Just before the flour mixture is fully incorporated, slowly pour the melted butter at the side of the bowl then fold until everything is combined.
- Pour the mixture on your baking tray that has been greased and lined.
- Bake at a 450 F preheated oven for 6 minutes or until the sponge springs back when pressed lightly.
- Use sponge as desired. For Swiss rolls, fill sponge with desired filling, and roll away!