Antjie

Antjie

Wednesday 25 July 2012

HOW TO MAKE YOUR BIBLE COME ALIVE!

(PRAY BEFORE READING YOUR BIBLE--ALWAYS)

O God, our Father, send your Holy Spirit to help me read Your Word with faith, and understanding. Treasure it in my heart with hope. Experience it in my life with love so that I may truly know, love and live Your Divine Word that leads to salvation.
This I ask through Christ our LORD. Amen.


DEAR FATHER,

I confess that I cannot understand your WORD with human reasoning; and I won’t even try.

Give me the Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation in the knowledge of Christ that I may know Him more intimately. (Eph. 1:17,18A)

Thank you Father, for the gift of the Holy Spirit. Thank your for making Him right now to be my teacher and guide into all Truth. (John 16:13-15)

Blessed Spirit of God, open the eyes of my heart as I read that I may "see" Christ, fellowship with Him, and fall more in love with Him. Give me "ears to hear" what you, the blessed Holy Spirit, have to say. (Psalms 119:18; 40:6)

Make the WRITTEN WORD become a LIVING WORD and write it on the tables of my heart. (IICor. 3:3)

Wash me with the water of the Word. (Eph. 5:25 -27)

Form Christ in me as you fill my heart, mind and soul with the Word of God. Fill me with the Fullness of Christ and thy blessed self.
(Gal. 4:19; II Cor. 3:18; Eph. 3:16-19; Eph. 4:11-13)

Work "Death" in me! Make to die the doings of the flesh. Make to die the wicked desires of this old sinful flesh as well, so I may know more and more each day what it is to "walk in the Spirit" and not fulfil the lusts of the flesh. (Rom. 3:13,14; Gal. 5:16)

Thank you blessed Holy Spirit for doing it all for me.

IN JESUS’ NAME, AMEN