- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1 c. mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. butter, melted & cooled
2. Moistest and Most delicious Banana Bread Ever.
- 10 Tbs + 1 tsp butter (latter for greasing pan)
- 1 c. mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 c. cake flour (I often substitute whole wheat for half and it’s still moist and delicious)
- 3/4 c. + 2 Tbs sugar + extra for sprinkling on top
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- (optional) 1 c. toasted, chopped walnuts
- (optional, but soo good) 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly grease a 9 1/4 x 5 1/4 x 2 1/2 loaf pan with the 1 tsp of butter.
Puree bananas, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla in a food processor.
Sift flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into bowl of electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
Add remaining butter and mix on medium/low speed until blended, about 30 seconds.
Add banana mixture in three batches, scraping bowl and mixing on medium between each addition.
Fold in nuts and/or chocolate chips if desired.
Pour into loaf pan, and sprinkle top with thin layer of sugar.
Bake until lightly browned and bounces back to touch, about 1 hour, 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool for about 10 minutes before turning out, and cool completely on wire rack. Or, you know, eat the whole thing while it’s still warm in thick, moist slices, with butter, if that’s your thing.
3. Moist Banana Bread with Nuts
The recipe that I’m about to share with you is extremely moist. Be prepared for this banana bread to melt in your mouth.
First off I should mention that I highly recommend using black bananas. I think this contributes to the moist banana bread flavor and consistency. Lets get down to business. In order to make 2 loaves you will need:
- 4-5 black bananas
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup veggie oil
Heat your oven to 350 degrees
Grease your loaf pans
Mash bananas in a large bowl
Dissolve Soda in Buttermilk ( Caution: Make sure to use a large container because its going to foam up! )
Mix all ingredients ( By Hand )
Add Chopped Nuts
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour ( Or until toothpick comes out ALMOST clean. TOO clean will mean that the loaf will be not as moist )
Let it sit for 15 minutes after removing from the oven.
Remove from Loaf Pans
Invite your friends over and have a moist banana nut bread feast!
This moist banana bread could be good with your favorite jams and jelly’s. Of course, nothing is more amazing than having warm, moist banana bread with butter. Be sure to have your banana bread in the mornings, toasted with butter. That is of course unless you have already eaten it all.
I hope you enjoy eating this moist banana bread as much as we do!
Sometimes getting your Banana Bread perfectly moist is a trick. Everyone has different ideas of what moist should be! I did some research this morning to find out what people do to make their bread, particularly Banana Bread, moist. We have not tried these ideas, they are simply advice from people that have experience in making moist banana bread. Use at your own risk.
Here are some tips:
- Make sure your bananas are SUPER DUPER ripe. Like, really really ripe.
- Use applesauce as a subsitute for the fat
- Add a box of banana pudding mix
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup of Sour Cream ( That sounds good. I love the flavour that sour cream brings )
- (Warning: People will gag at this one): Instead of using 2 eggs, use 1 egg and a heaping tablespoon of mayo. Some people will do anything to make their banana bread moist.
- Use part applesauce, and part oil rather than shortening.
- Wrap the Banana Bread in Wax Paper while it is still warm to keep the banana bread moist.
- Add grated apple
- Add Yogurt
- Add an 8oz can of drained pineapple to the batter. This sounds gross to me, but if you like pineapple in food, you might like it!
- Replace 1/3 of the sugar with molasses.
- Add Shredded Carrots to make moist banana bread.
- Keep the banana bread wrapped so that it does not sweat out all of its moisture.
- Hope these ideas help you in your quest for creating the perfect moist banana bread recipe.