- Because, whenever I feel pressured by the cares of this world, I slip my hand into my pocket and feel my pebble. I remember the following truths about my walk with my Lord.
- Because the Lord is my rock, He will smooth out the rough edges of life with His wisdom and guidance.
- Because the Lord is my fortress and my Savior, I can hide in Him for protection from the enemy's attacks.
- Because the Lord is my shield, what have I to fear? I am safe in Him.
- Because the Lord is my strength, I don't need to be concerned about these powerful forces coming against me. I am not weak and timid! I have Jesus as my source of strength.
- Because the Lord is my stronghold, I am safe inside these prison walls.
I cannot count the times I have been called before my intimidating bosses for one reason or another. They never knew my hand was in my uniform pocket holding my pebble, praying for my Lord's strength to handle whatever new crisis had arisen. Being the only woman in an all-male profession offered many unique challenges and I needed supernatural wisdom and strength to do my job. On many occasions, I was called to work with men who were heavily into Satanism. There were times when I encountered riot situations. I often worked alone (as the only woman) with as many as fifty male inmate workers. Remember, in a kitchen, there are knives and many other items available which can be used as weapons.
My Lord was always faithful to give me wisdom, strength, and protection.
The shiny little pebble in my pocket was a tangible reminder of my unseen Father's love and grace. So, how about finding a pebble to carry in YOUR pocket?
We would love to hear about any unusual witnessing tool you may have used. Drop us a line and tell us about it.