McKenzie’s coconut, they’re just the thing to serve at any celebrations...
- 20g butter, melted
- 115g (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 50g (1/3 cup) cornflour
- 1 tsp Ward’s Baking Powder
- 4 eggs
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) boiling water
- 85g (1 cup) McKenzie’s Fine Desiccated Coconut
- 55g (1 cup) McKenzie’s Moist Flakes Coconut
- 300g (2 cups) icing sugar mixture
- 35g (1/3 cup) cocoa powder
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 60ml (1/4 cup) boiling water
5 minutes or until the mixture is thick and pale, and a ribbon trail
forms when the beaters are lifted.
to gently fold until just combined. Combine the boiling water and
Gently fold until just combined. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake
for 20-25 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly
pressed in the centre. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Place the combined coconut on a plate.