This little guy makes a great gift for a child or octopus enthusiast. Use these free amigurumi patterns to make your own.
sc dec - pull loop through next st, then pull loop through next st, yoh pull through all 3 loops on hook.
yoh - yarn over hook
I used US terminology, ie sc throughout. For UK and Australian read dc.
1. Using magic loop work 5sc into circle. Place marker (pm)
2. 2sc in each st. Move marker (mm)
3. Repeat row 2 mm
4. (1 sc in next st, 2 sc in next st) repeat to end, mm (30sc)
5-10. 1sc in each st to end, mm (6 Rows)
11. *1sc in next 3 sts, sc dec* repeat from * to end of row, mm
12. *1sc in next 3 sts, sc dec* repeat from * to last 4 sts, 1sc in next 2 sts,
sc dec in last 2 sts, mm
13. Repeat row 12 (15sc), mm
14-18. Repeat row 5, mm (5 Rows)
19. *sc in 1st st, 2sc in next st* repeat from * to last st, 1sc in last st. mm
1st Tentacle: Make a chain of 24, turn, 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook, 1sc in each ch to beg of body, 1sc in next ch of body*
2nd Tentacle: 1sc in next st of body, ch 26, turn, 1sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in each ch to end, sc
in next st of body, turn, sc in front loop of next 10 sts of tentacle, ss in next st, turn, ss in front loop ofeach st back to body, sc in next 2 sts of body
3rd Tentacle: As 1st tentacle
4th Tentacle: 1sc in next st of body, repeat 1st tentacle to * turn, ss in front loop of 1st 7 sts, (NOTE this is ss not sc) turn, ss back to body, sc into next st of body
5th Tentacle: Repeat 4th tentacle
6th Tentacle: 1sc in next st of body, repeat 1st tentacle
7th Tentacle: Repeat 2nd tentacle
8th Tentacle: As 4th tentacle, (omit 1sc in next st of body at beginning)
Next Row: 1sc in next st of body
Fold legs to the outside and starting on the inside, pick up evenly any loop at the base of the legs and sc (about 19 or 20) ss into 1st st, pm
Next Row: (sc in 1st st, sc dec twice) 4 times, sc in next st, mm
Stuff the head
Next Row: (sc dec) 6 times - leave a longish end anduse it to sew up the base, finish off.
Eye Cups (make 2)
1. 2 ch, 6 sc into 2nd ch from hook, pm
2. 1sc in back loop of each sc, mm
3. As 2nd row - 1ss into next st, finish off leaving long enough end to sew to
Attach safety eyes to solid end of cup, sew cups to head in appropriate position.