- 4 c. fully cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. each black pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning
- 1/4 c. sliced green onions, green parts only
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c. bread crumbs
- Olive oil for drizzling
Wednesday, 9 May 2012
Versatile Baked Brown Rice Balls
I love this Rice Balls, nice side dish.
Can be frozen and reheated without any loss of flavour or quality.
They are super versatile.
Baked Brown Rice Balls
Follow this step-by-step how to....
1. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the olive oil. Mix well to combine.
2. Using about 2 tablespoons rice mixture at a time, roll into balls and line up on a baking sheet. Tip: To make it easier to roll out the balls, rinse your hand with cold water every so often and keep them a little damp. If your hands are dry, the rice will stick to your hands instead of sticking together.
3. Drizzle some olive oil over all of the rice balls. Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until slightly browned and a little crispy.
Serve as a side dish with any meal.
These are especially good with a saucy main dish where you can dip them in the sauce too. Or, cover with marinara for a fun twist. If you are doing that and want to up the Italian flavour, add 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese to the rice mixture.