Everyone loves pasta and this easy recipe is a great way to serve a family favourite.
- 4 ounces uncooked dried spaghetti
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, brown sausage in 10-inch skillet; drain off fat. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Cook over medium heat 3 minutes.
- Combine 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, sour cream and egg in medium bowl; stir in cooked spaghetti. Place spaghetti mixture in 9-inch glass pie pan; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Spread sausage mixture over entire surface.
- Cover with aluminum foil; bake 25-35 minutes or until heated through. Remove aluminum foil; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. To serve, cut into wedges.
- Italian sausage comes in different spice levels from mild to hot. Customize your spaghetti pie using your favorite heat level. - If desired, add drained canned sliced mushrooms or sliced ripe olives to spaghetti sauce.
- Substitute 9-inch square baking pan. Bake 25-35 minutes.
- Read more about this recipe on Recipe Buzz® Blog.