Antjie

Antjie

Thursday 6 September 2012

Let Go and Let God


There was a time long ago when I would worry about everything. I even worried about things that didn’t even happen yet. I lost endless hours of sleep because I worried so much and no matter how hard I tried to bury my thoughts, they would not go away. I felt like there was no controlling the muddled thoughts within my mind. I felt alone and trapped within my own minds misery and I suffered most of my life from depression, insomnia, paranoia and fear. It made my life feel so miserable. Some people would tell me if I needed someone to talk to they are there for me but I didn’t really feel comfortable casting my thoughts upon them because they had many problems of their own.

I remember asking God so many times to take my worry from me and many times I felt like He wasn’t listening because the suffering continued. I later met my husband back in 87 and he would sit patiently and listen to me talk for endless hours about problems that existed and didn’t exist. He would always tell me “don’t worry everything will work out the way it’s meant to”. Many times I would look at him in complete wonder and longing to learn how to have that kind of attitude. It seemed to have come so easy for him.

Then one day I asked God one more time to help me and in the same moment I also felt I needed to completely trust Him. That day, I was finally set free and I was no longer a prisoner in those chains that kept me bound for so long. My eyes were opened and I learned that all I had to do all along was allow Him to take it from me.

Looking back I can see now all my worrying was a waste of time. Everything worked itself out for the best and it will all work out for you too if you simply put yourself into ‘God’s Hands’ and He will eventually take care of ‘Everything you Need’. I Believe that God takes all bad things that happen to us and brings out good from it. He knows what’s best and He is not going to give us more than we can handle. He will always raise us up if ‘Let Go’ and ‘Look to Him’ for help.

My friend, it’s time to rest your weary head there is no need to sit and analyze every problem that arises with other problems that have not yet surfaced. Don’t worry about tomorrow, give All of your concerns to God.

Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need. “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today. ~Matthew 6:33-34 NLT

Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take. ~Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. ~Jeremiah 29:11 NLT


Blessings,