Everywhere you turn, there are ladies bible studies, brunches, sewing committees, prayer groups... you name it! There never seems to be a lack of opportunity for women to participate in fellowship and mentoring. But what about our husbands?
I believe there is a great need for men to rise up and set the example for other men. For men to be men and not boys; I know in part that men will always be boys, but you get me right?
How will this happen? Well, I can tell you one way it won't happen... by nagging your husband to get off the couch and stop watching too much football. Oh no... that will only feed their boyish tendencies.
1) PRAYER. (1 Thes. 5:17) Pray for them daily. It's an easy and fun way to remember to pray for him. Why not print off the chart for your home? Also, pray specifically that your man will be a leader and not a follower.
2) MAKE HIM FEEL LIKE A MAN. (Proverbs 27:17) Encourage him to have godly male relationships. Let them do fun and exciting things. They may seem silly to you, maybe even unspiritual in comparison to a bible study, like a car show, a flag football competition, or a fun and healthy guys night out. Trust me... encourage him to find some good friends and have fun with them.
3) WIN HIM BY YOUR CHARACTER. (1 Peter 3:1-6) Don't hide what the Lord is doing in your life. The bible talks about a wife winning her husband to the Lord by her chaste character. If a wife can win her husband to the Lord by prayer and a godly countenance, don't you think she may be used of God to deepen her husband's relationship with the Lord? Just be patient, dear wife. Don't nag. Don't beg. Let your gentle spirit win. Just walk close to Jesus and your husband will see Christ shine through your words, actions, and steadfast love.
4) RESPECT HIM. (Eph. 5:22-24) It is important that our little ones see us respecting their daddy.
5) TREAT HIM LIKE HE IS THE SPIRITUAL LEADER. Cheer him on. Encourage him. Never dream of having someone else's husband. Let your husband pray. Ask him spiritual questions. Have you taken over that role in your home because you are doing a better job at it? Don't. Give it back and let God do the work.