Here’s Your Hat - Power
Vs 8. “For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.”
Vs 9. “Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man”
Vs 10. “For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.”
OUGHT – God declares this to be our responsibility, something that we owe, that is due:
1. Owe to God
2. Owe to others
3. Owe to ourselves What is this hat for our head?? POWER
POWER – authority, the right, the liberty, the jurisdiction over, strength
1. Power is CHOICE - leave or permission, liberty to do as one pleases
a. With every privilege or liberty comes responsibility
b. Choose wisely
2. Power is physical and mental strength and ability endued by God!
a. For you to POSSESS (within)
b. For you to EXERCISE (without)
3. Power is authority – INFLUENCE on all - family, friends, opposite sex!
4. Power is RULE and government – whose will and commands must be obeyed by others
a. Royally – as a daughter of the king
b. Over all - “the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world"
c. Judicially – administrative decisions
d. Domestically – management of affairs
e. Submission - to your husband – a veil of propriety, the quality or state of being proper, suitable, compatible, able, qualified, virtuous, pure, modest, EXCELLENT
How to Wear Your Hat – with Responsibility
Choose ~ Possess ~ Exercise ~ Influence ~ Rule
(Wisely ~ Your Strength & Abilities ~ Others in Godliness ~ Yourself first, then your affairs)
Godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. (I Timothy 4:8)
2. POSSESS and EXERCISE that mental and physical ability endued you by God to love and serve your husband by administrative decisions in the home and management of domestic affairs.
3. INFLUENCE the family members in your home by your example and principled behaviour directed by the words of God.
4. RULE! “Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.” (Ephesians 5:24)
You have an influence on everyone in your life. Has not God placed you in a magnificent position to be a godly example? The powers he has endued you with lie within you to possess and exercise to influence your whole lifetime, and that of others, for good. Your parents, husband, children, and friends are all affected by your choices of how you use your power endued by God. Ladies young and old, single and married all have this responsibility to God, to others and to yourselves to have power on your head in order that you might be the proper child of God, as a daughter, mother, friend and wife who pleases and honors God.
“Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands: that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; while they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear. Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of the plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; but let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as you do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.” (I Peter 3:1-6)