Antjie

Antjie

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Wash Day Prayer




 Monday Wash Day 

 Lord, help me wash away all my selfishness and
Vanity, so I may serve you with perfect humility
Through the week ahead. 

Tuesday Ironing Day 

 Dear Lord, help me iron out all the wrinkles
Of prejudice I have collected through the years
So that I may see the beauty in others.

Wednesday Mending Day 

 O God, help me mend my ways so I will not
Set a bad example for others. 

Thursday Cleaning Day

Lord Jesus, help me to dust out all the many faults
I have been hiding in the secret corners of my heart. 

Friday Shopping Day 

 O God, give me the grace to shop wisely so I may purchase
eternal happiness for myself and all others
In need of love. 

Saturday Cooking Day 

Help me, my Savior, to brew a big kettle of brotherly
Love and serve it with clean, sweet bread of human
kindness. 


Sunday The Lord's Day

O God, I have prepared my house for you. Please
Come into my heart so I may spend the day and the
Rest of my life in your presence.