Granadilla Muffins.....Passion Fruit Muffins
Recipe: (Makes 12 Muffins)
- 1½ Cups Self Raising Flour
- ½ Cup Plain Flour
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Milk or Buttermilk or Plain Yoghurt
- ¾ Light Vegetable Oil
- Pulp from 6 Granadillas
- Extra Coloured Sugar for Sprinkling (optional)
How to: Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC.
- Grease and or line with muffin papers a muffin tin of 80ml capacity cups.
- In one bowl sift together the flours and add all the dry ingredients.
- In a second bowl mix together the wet ingredients, including the fruit.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour bowl and gently combine the wet and dry.
- Mix only until the flour is moistened - it will be a lumpy batter. DO NOT BEAT.
- Divide the mixture equally between the 12 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle a little coloured sugar on each muffin (optional)
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.