This recipe will taste good whether you’re exhausted with heat stroke or not.
And you can serve it with that cucumber ribbon salad in the picture.
Gourmet sloppy joes Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- teaspoon grated Italian seasoning (like the McCormack grinder in the picture, or just plain Italian seasoning)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 6 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4-6 hamburger buns
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add in onions, and cook until almost tender, add in bell pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Add in Italian seasoning. Add in beef, and cook until browned.
Stir in tomato paste, brown sugar, vinegar, sauce, and sun-dried tomatoes. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes, and season with salt and pepper. Serve on rolls.