- 10 cups organic leafy greens, rinsed and dried
- two large avocados, sliced and scooped out with a spoon
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- blackened chicken (recipe follows)
- balsamic vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- Toss in a large bowl, or arrange salad components in individual bowls, and drizzle with the balsamic vinaigrette.
- blackened chicken
- 1 tablespoon ground dill
- 1 tablespoon ground thyme
- 2 tablespoons ground paprika
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon finely ground pepper
- 2 chicken breasts (preferably cage free and organic)
- olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine spices, salt, and pepper. Rub onto the chicken breasts. Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet set over medium high heat. Place the chicken in the oil, and sear, about two minutes on each side. Reduce heat to low, cover, and allow to cook for about five minutes more, until fully cooked, and internal temperature is 162˚.
- Take off heat, and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Cut in slices.
Balsamic vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- large pinch salt
- large pinch pepper