Antjie

Antjie

Monday 27 August 2012

A Child's Angel


A Child's Angel 

Once upon a time, there was a child ready to be born. 

He asked God:
"They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?"

God: "Among the many angels, I chose one especially for you. She will be waiting for you and will take care of you."

Child: "But tell me, here in Heaven, I don't do anything else but sing and smile, and that's enough for me to be happy. Will I be happy there?"
God: "Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you every day. You will feel your angel's love and be happy."

Child: "How am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me if I don't know the language that men talk?"

God: "Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear. With much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak."

Child: "And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?"

God: "Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray."
Child: "I've heard that on earth there are bad men. Who will protect me?"

God: "Your angel will defend you even if it means risking her own life."

Child: "But I will always be sad because I will not see you any more."

God: "Your angel will always talk to you about me and will teach you the way to come back to me, even though I will always be next to you."
At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from earth could already be heard. 
The child, in a hurry, asked softly:
"Oh God, if I am about to leave now, please tell me my angel's name."
God: Your angel's name is of no importance. 
You will call your angel ... 

Mommy