Baxter also talks about how the rainbow is a token. It betokens on kindness, severity, goodness and the faithfulness of God. He adds it is a seal of the great covenant. He adds the Cross is a perfect light-prism, with those light colors showing as righteousness, omnipotence, truth, immutability, holiness, wisdom, and love of God. It is also a sign of the mercy of God after his judgement.This book of J. Sidlow Baxter was recommended by my Pastor to me to read. I have enjoyed reading it so far. I also recommend that you read that book too. I am looking forward to the rest of the years daily devotions within this book. If you want to know more about what J. Sidlow Baxter says about the rainbow, then I would advise to get the book and read it.
Don’t mistake it for
The world today views the rainbow differently. Usually when you hear about a rainbow, you often associate it with being homosexual. This is taking something of God and making it unholy. They give the rainbow a bad name. If you are homosexual you will not inherit the kingdom of God. (see Marriage: One Man, One Woman, Period!)
What does the rainbow mean to you
I asked several of my friends what the rainbow means to them and this is some of the responses I got:
- Amber (my daughter): Jelly Bean Prayer and meadow full of flowers.
- Paula (my mom): God’s promise there will be no more flooding.
- Mary: Hope
- Sheri: It gives me a sense of peace and well being when I see one.
- Sheri: God is always there and loves us along with being a reminder of the promise He made to us.
- Shawn: Peace … Calmness after a storm!
- Andrea: A rainbow is God’s way of showing us that everything is gonna be okay.
- Erin: Promise fulfilled
- Michelle: Rainbow is God’s promise. Gives us hope.
- Dana: Rainbow means Gods promise to always take care of me… I always feel peace when I see it.
- Bekah: Also reminds me of a time we were in Taiwan and we tried to “chase” a rainbow and find the end of it! Didn’t work. LoL!
- Bekah: Reminds me of my Mom actually! It’s always been he symbol from God that everything’s gonna be alright. When we moved to a new city in Taiwan and they were unloading the crate, one appeared and it confirmed everything Mom needed to know. (Usually my “thing”/symbol is a beautiful sunset) But also, it’s always been an encouragement to me. It’s something that’s so beautiful and colorful that can only be seen at the right time. Usually after a storm. The rain stops/slows, the sun comes out, and there’s this beautiful rainbow in the sky. A reminder that yes, you’ll go through storms (some harder than others) but after you endure and persevere, there’s a beautiful image waiting to beheld but it will only shine through AFTER one has struggled through the rain.
I see the rainbow as God’s promise to us. I know that when I see it God gave usa promise that he won’t break. It reminds me of promises I have made to God. Those promises I make to God, I shouldn’t break just like the covenant he made with us on Earth. It also reminds me of the beauty he created.
So tell me what the rainbow means to you?