- 3 extra large PnP eggs, plus 2 extra egg yolks
- 5 ml vanilla extract
- 250 grams PnP castor sugar
- 200 grams dark chocolate chips, 2 slabs or milk chocolate melted
- 500 ml PnP cream
- 125 ml PnP seedless raisins
- 125 ml spiced rum, such as spiced gold or dark rum
Place eggs, extra yolks, vanilla and sugar in a heatproof bowl.
Place over a saucepan of simmering water (don’t let base touch water). Beat with an electric beater for 6-8 minutes or until thick and pale.
Remove from heat and cool slightly.
Stir through melted chocolate and fold through cream until well combined.
Steep raisins in rum.
Strain off excess rum and stir raisins through ice cream mixture.
Freeze in a plastic tub for at least 8 hours before serving.
More good ideas...
- Soak raisins in brandy or orange juice (for a non-alcoholic version).
- Ripple a little PnP chocolate sauce through the ice cream custard before freezing.