Antjie

Antjie

Thursday 24 October 2013

Baked Breakfast Egg Cups!


I can't tell you how much we love eggs around here.  We love them fried, poached, boiled, scrambled, baked and in an omelet. I think they are one of the world's most perfect foods. In fact, I myself could probably live without meat using eggs as my protein source.
Now I don't mean to brag, but I can make a mean, mean breakfast. It is my absolute favorite meal of the day to make, and I serve up the best of the best around here. 
This summer I intend on sharing more of our favorite egg dishes with you. Some people are afraid of eggs. That's just not necessary!

This egg dish is one I like to make for the boys. It takes 2 minutes to whip up and throw in the oven, but I feel like I'm serving them a nutritious breakfast on a busy morning.


Baked Egg Cups Recipe:  (serves 2)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/8 c. milk or half & half
  • 1 T. salsa
  • 2 T. cheddar cheese
  • 1 T. fresh chopped chives
  • 1 T. parmesan cheese
  • salt/pepper to taste
How to:
Grease 2 muffin pan cups. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Beat the eggs and milk. Add in the chives, cheddar, salsa and salt/pepper. Pour mixture into prepared cups. Sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until eggs are fluffy and set.

**When I serve these, I sometimes pour pure maple syrup over the top. Delicious!