- 1½ cups white sugar
- ⅓ cup golden syrup
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
1. Place sugar, golden syrup, honey and water in a heavy based pan, with high sides.
2. Stir well using a wooden spoon.
3. Heat on low until sugar has dissolved, stirring all the time.
4. Turn heat up until mixture boils at 132C.
5. Keep the mixture at this exact temperature for 15 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and cool until bubbles disappear.
7. Quickly beat bicarbonate of soda into mixture using a wooden spoon.
8. Pour mixture into a lined or greased baking dish. Lined is easier to remove when cooled.
9. Allow to cool and place in a non fluffy cloth and gently break into pieces with a rolling pin
or meat tenderiser.
Notes: I have made this recipe many times. The first time was quite alarming as the volume increases rapidly. The final steps need to be done very quickly.