Antjie

Antjie

Thursday 3 October 2013

Meeting the Master...


I have always felt that when you "meet the Master" and He comes into your heart and life, you can't help but have a heart for Ministry. 
Surrendering to His will for your life.
Serving according to His will.
Sharing the message of salvation
Sacrificing personal goals for His plan

Love is the motive. We were loved while we were yet sinners, and He waited patiently for us to humbly come to Him in repentance. Now we patiently pray and wait for His direction to serve.

As women of faith, having the heart of a servant, we now have a natural desire to reach out to the lost and lonely. Maybe its a phone call, or running an errand for an elderly person.
We are effective in ministry but not always noticed, giving God the glory.
We value others by telling them what He has done in our life, and pray that their heart and mind will be open to the gospel message.
Oh how I pray that more and more women of faith will desire to be a serving sister in Christ. A sister in Christ, such as Phoebe. She worked so hard for the Lord. 

"I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea: That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also." Romans 16:1

Can I be a Phoebe? Am I spiritually strong enough? I desire to say "yes" to both those questions. It is a daily struggle that is only approached with some confidence when I stay close to the Lord in His Word. "Draw close to God and He will draw close to you." Phoebe was a confident dependable woman. She was trusted, humble and compassionate. It took great courage to carry the letter from Paul to the city of Rome. Paul trusted this woman and by the words of Paul, we see he greatly admired her spiritual strength. I look at the dedicated woman, who so loved the Lord, and pray that I too can serve where He desires, and make a difference in the lives of people He places on my path from day to day.