- 375ml Fresh Cream
- 250g Mascarpone Cheese
- 250g Cream Cheese
- 60ml Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 55g Castor Sugar (80ml)
- 3 Lemons Zest and Juice (Grate the lemon rind, no white pith)
- 250ml Citron (lemon) Syrup
- 250g Sponge Fingers or Savoiardi Biscuits (About 45 Biscuits)
Grated Lemon Rind and Toasted Almond.
- Whip the cream until stiff and blend in the mascarpone cheese, cream cheese, condensed milk, castor sugar and zest and juice of 3 lemons.
- Dip the biscuits in the lemon (citron) juice. Layer the lemon cheese mixture alternately in a large rectangular dish.
- Refrigerate overnight or for a few hours before serving.
- Decorate with grated lemon rind and toasted almonds.
- 100g granulated sugar (130ml)
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 250ml water
Replace mascarpone cheese with cream cheese.
Use orange rind and orange syrup instead of lemon rind and syrup.
Decorate with orange rind and chopped pecan nuts.
Leave out the lemon rind, juice and syrup and replace with 200g melted chocolate and 20ml strong coffee granules dissolved in 30 ml boiling water. Dip biscuits in 250ml coffee liqueur for plain Tiramisu, decorate with grated chocolate and mint leaves.