Antjie

Antjie

Friday 3 August 2012

Dear God, speak to me through your word...

God loves you so much and wants you to read his word, the Bible, so you can grown in him. 
I have a short Bible study to get you started.

by:  New Believer's Bible Study

But before we start, let's pray a prayer we should pray before reading the word.
Dear God, speak to me through your word.
Read the following verses out loud. Slow down and listen to the words and let God speak to you.

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching..." John 14:23, 24a

The Bible says:
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.    1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Questions to Think About:
What is God’s will for me?
Can I commit to having a daily prayer time?
You can talk to God about anything, antime. Talking to God is Praying.

When you pray...

P - Praise God for who He is, and what He has done for you.

R - Repent. Ask forgiveness for your sins. (Be specific)

A - Ask for others.

Y - Ask for Yourself